|DMV-CALC Operating Hints -
- How to restart DMV-CALC midway in a calculation:
At any Y/N or single number entry, press Q and DMV-CALC will restart from the top (clearing ALL entries).
- How to restart Use Tax selection midway in area:
If you pass the county and are still in the Use Tax section, press R to return to the first group of counties.
- How to print the DMV-CALC screen from Windows:
a. Press/hold Alt key then press Print Screen (PrtScn) key.
[Note: If Windows dialog/info box appears, check option for it never to appear
again then restart process.]
b. Open MS-WORD or WordPad to a blank document.
c. Click the Edit pull-down then Paste or simply use Ctrl-V shortcut key.
d. Resize image if desired then print the page.
- How to toggle DMV-CALC Window<>Full Screen viewing modes:
Press/hold ALT key then press ENTER key (once). Press again to return to Window mode.
- Transfer/Reregistration - Old Registration Annual Fee entry:
Be sure to enter value shown in the Annual Fee field of the original
registration and NOT the total amount paid.
- Number of Liens:
If the lender has filed an electronic lien, enter 0 for number of liens, asked
after selecting Y to Title Transfer.
- Plate Transfer with Expired Registration:
Here is a two step procedure to calculate transaction fee for a plate transfer with
an expired original (old) registration.
[Note: Expiration date must be within 12 months of the Temporary Registration
Issuance Date to proceed otherwise process as new plate.]
1. Perform DMV-CALC Renewal calculation. This renews the original registration as of the expired date. Record transaction total.
2. Perform DMV-CALC Transfer/Re-Register calculation using the just renewed expiration date at "Old Registration Expiration Date".
The total for the transaction = Renewal $ + Transfer $.
- Corporate Registrations:
When completing the Vehicle Registration/Title Application MV-82,
if you checked Yes at "Is this registration for a corporation or partnership",
then in DMV-CALC when you encounter the Corporate Registration prompt, you
should enter the Temporary Registration date as it appears on the MV-82.
DMV-CALC will calculate the Corporate proration fee through end of month since
Corporate registrations expire on the last day of the month.
|Calculating Pickup Truck Registration Fees -
Vehicles with body type: Pickup having an unladen weight of 5500 pounds or less, can have
The DMV still collects Commercial (COM) fees. Select Commercial Registration for this transaction.
* Refer to Information for Pick-Up Truck owners and complete Vehicle Registration/Title Application MV-82
Section 6 Additional Vehicle Information, Item 4 accordingly.
DMV identifies a Pick-Up with Passenger Plates as type "PK" on the transaction.
|Why should I update to DMV-CALC Ver 8.4?
- DMV-CALC Ver 8.4 has the new HIGHER Wyoming County Use Tax Fees.
- DMV-CALC Ver 8.3 has the new HIGHER Suffolk County Use Tax Fees.
- If you haven't updated in years, your version may not reflect other changes instituted by the DMV.
- DMV-CALC will install and run in ANY version of Windows.
- Install DMV-CALC in as many PC's at the same store as you wish.
- All counties that collect Use Tax are included.
- DMV-CALC knows how to calculate reregistrations.
- Includes Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) Supplemental Registration Fees.
- Clear, concise transaction presentation for you and your customer.
- NYS DMV fee calculation is a no-brainer with DMV-CALC.